Follow My Thoughts

The Author

The Author
"Don't be offended. This is all MY opinion. Ain't nothin' that I'm sayin' [law]..."

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Fence


I don't know about anyone else, but an issue or rather thought that I deal with on a daily is my struggle to improve my relationship with the Lord. As a young person, society isn't exactly set up to make a person's effort to grow a stronger knit relationship with God as easy as possible. I don't need to go into detail about why this is the case; but, regardless I don't feel like that should excuse those who long for an authentic relationship with God to give up in that quest. I feel a lot of people who long to have a close relationship with God are stagnant, or "put off" by somethings because of the people who look down on them for not meeting the mark of what they feel a Christian should be. I know I have personally strayed because I felt offended by a supposed "woman of God" who felt she was being effective in pointing out the faults of people who fall short of God's expectations. In the end, we don't have to answer to people, but to God. I believe for those just starting off, if we have a real desire to be better; and, we pro-actively go about in trying improve, God will help us. I'm not excusing myself, or any other person, who falls short of God's biblical principals, but I feel people who have more stable relationships with Christ should be more compassionate towards those who are 'babes in Christ'. I know that I have to do better, because in the end we ALL have to be held accountable for the good and the evil that we do.
--Tania aka Nia Janei..THE Prototype

No comments:

Post a Comment