Follow My Thoughts

The Author

The Author
"Don't be offended. This is all MY opinion. Ain't nothin' that I'm sayin' [law]..."

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Your FRIENDship card has been DENIED...

Too many people, including myself have used the term "friend" too lightly. A friend is a person who is there for one he/she cares about through thick and thin. They are people who overlook petty differences that may arise for the benefit of the friendship. Just because you hang out with people and enjoy their company on a regular basis does NOT make them your "friends". Lets be real...they are your ASSOCIATES. Get your mind right and STOP giving access to your heart and mind to any and EVERYbody. Truth is, most people you'll encounter in life won't TRULY deserve it. Learn to "filter".
THIS video explains it all (skip to 2:08) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zvz9J5o4Mc



--Tania aka Nia Janei...THE Prototype

2 comments:

  1. So Mrs. Google ... I agree with you about learning to filter but there has to be a balance because everyone is not who you percieve them to be... SO you can't necessarily let your baggage from past friendships be your filter...I disagree with the deserving part because if you really want to get to the bottom of it noone deserves nething...we are all human and we all make mistakes (we are not defined by the mistakes we make)...I think everyone deserves a chance we can't always go off of our past-hurts-because if we do that we will definitely miss out on some great friendships...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. thanks for the feedback and reading my post, first off...but I don't remember stating that the reason to filter is due to going off past relationships. What I'm saying is that too many people are quick to deem people as their "friend" when they don't even really KNOW that person. I really cant talk too much, because I have been guilty of this myself. What I'm saying is that people need to "drive slow" get to know a person before they give them that title of friend because when it comes down to...(lets be real) not many people are going to live up to that. Friendship is a mutual agreement. How stupid would it look for me to be running around telling people "so and so" are my friends when they don't even claim me as such. PLUS, how many people do YOU know have 10-20 ride or die friends in their lives?...Not many I bet. So the more APPROPRIATE word for THE people you hang out with but arent REALLY CLOSE with would be "associates". I'm all for giving people the chance to be in my life; but not at the expense of leaving myself open for BS. Get to know me first, as I will you, THEN you can put in your "friendship card". Hope this clarifies everything i was trying to say. Once again, thanks for reading :).

    ReplyDelete