Follow My Thoughts

The Author

The Author
"Don't be offended. This is all MY opinion. Ain't nothin' that I'm sayin' [law]..."

Friday, July 30, 2010

Why I HATE the term "Wifey"....


So many people, especially young people, use the term "wifey" on a day to day basis. Most see it as a positive term, but, I don't. "Wifey" is just another word for "main". It irks me to see how some women in relationships actually work toward a man deeming them as his "wifey". I just see it as another way for some guys to categorize women in ways that will make it easier for them to continue doing the dirt that they do. Think about it. A woman becomes open to man in relationship through her ears, you know...through the things that a guy tells her. Most guys are highly aware of this. 


A man knows that calling a chick his "wifey" is probably the door that opens her up to him, because him doing so sort of gives her a sense of how important she is to him in that relationship. Most cases, where there's a "wifey", there is a "sideline hoe"....or two lol. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't like the word "wifey" because it implies that that woman may not the only woman that guy is involved with. It's like a guy telling a girl that she's his "#1"...that's NOT a good thing. Personally, I don't want to be any guy's #1...I want to be his ONLY one. I simply won't accept a man calling me his "wifey".  At that point, I'd HAVE to let him know, "No. I'm NOT your wifey. I enjoy being with you, and hopefully if things continue to progress between us...maybe one day I can be your WIFE." 


To the ladies who may be reading this, it's all about having respect for yourself. Don't limit yourself to being someone's #1 (wifey), when you can one day be someone's ONLY one. That wifey sh*t is for the birds and basic b*tches. I'm creme de la creme honey...are YOU? :). 
--Tania AKA Nia Janei...THE Prototype

5 comments:

  1. LOL! thanks and also thanks for reading my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur welcme kinda makes me wna strt one lol keep it up tho...glad we got a sista wit a voice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please teach a class on the entire self respect issue?!? The term was coined for exactly the reasons you listed and some woman with low self esteem fell for it. I'm loving this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks. I really appreciate that. It's unfortunate that a lot of these females out here limit themselves to this term. That's why I thought it couldn't do any harm putting my opinion on that subject out there. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete